Welcome to Community Action Ledbury.
We are a registered charity with a mission to provide accessible transport to the community of Ledbury and surrounding parishes.
Herefordshire has one of the lowest population densities of any of the English counties. While this makes it a beautiful place to live it poses a real challenge for public transport and access to services for anyone without a car.
Our aim is to provide a friendly, low-cost service to those members of our community who struggle with transport for whatever reason, be it due to being elderly, infirm, disabled, on benefits, without a car or living off a bus route.
We provide a "Ring and Ride" service and Community Transport through a small fleet of wheelchair enabled minibuses
We help our clients with a wide a wide range of transport needs including:
- Access to health care - many of our journeys are to doctor's surgeries, dentists, hospitals and therapy centres.
- Daily living - we take people to the supermarket, the Post Office, the hairdressers, the bank...
- Socialising - a lot of our work is about reducing social isolation, so we take people to day centres, to attend lunch clubs, to visit friends and family, we'll even take them to the pub.
- Leisure - we take people to the gym, the leisure centre, the cinema...
- Travel - we help people get to the train or bus station.
With our fleet of minibuses we provide a schools transport service and help a wide range of local community and voluntary organisations with their transport needs.
Community Action Ledbury is run by a small team of paid, part-time staff and mini-bus drivers, and an amazing group of volunteer drivers, co-ordinators, fundraisers and trustees.